Sun, Jun 04|
BiblioWhims Book Club
May's book is The Holy Wild: A Heathen Bible for the Untamed Woman by Danielle Dulsky. We will meet on June 4th.
When & Where
Jun 04, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Shaded Whimsy, 76 N Main St, Southington, CT 06489, USA
About This Event
If you've read my bio, then you know that I L-O-V-E, love to read! Obviously, Shaded Whimsy has to have a book club.
I'm taking my cues from some of the best book clubs out there. Here's what you can expect:
- No pressure! Take a month off. Take lots of months off! Come back to join us when you're ready.
- Didn't finish the book? You're welcome to come regardless (as long as you don't mind spoilers).
- Be honest about what you thought! Is everyone else raving about what they read while you thought it was hot garbage? Tell us! Discussing our differing perspectives helps us to learn, grow, and evolve.
- Come with suggestions for our next book! Something you've been dying to read? Something you've already read and know everyone should read once? Share it with us, puh-lease!
- This is a FREE event, though tickets are required and donations are appreciated to help offset the costs of refreshments (and rent!) Pay what you'd like, including nothing at all!
I encourage purchasing used books from locally run bookstores when you can. This not only helps to support local businesses, but it also keeps unwanted books out of the trash.
- The Book Barn in Niantic is a Connecticut treasure. Make the trip if you can.
- ReRead Books in Cheshire employs young adults with special needs. Give them your business.
Please let me know of other good used bookstores in Connecticut!
If you are not finding what you are looking for locally, consider buying used books from an online retailer.
If you'd rather not spend ANY money, go to your local library! In Connecticut, you can get a library card in the town where you reside, then take that card to any other library in the state for access!