Sun, Jun 04|
BiblioWhims Book Club Meetup
May's book is The Holy Wild: A Heathen Bible for the Untamed Woman by Danielle Dulsky
When & Where
Jun 04, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Shaded Whimsy, 76 N Main St, Southington, CT 06489, USA
About This Event
If you've read my bio, then you know that I L-O-V-E, love to read! Obviously, Shaded Whimsy has to have a book club.
I'm taking my cues from some of the best book clubs out there. Here's what you can expect:
- No pressure! Take a month off. Take lots of months off! Come back to join us when you're ready.
- Didn't finish the book? You're welcome to come regardless (as long as you don't mind spoilers).
- Be honest about what you thought! Is everyone else raving about what they read while you thought it was hot garbage? Tell us! Discussing our differing perspectives helps us to learn, grow, and evolve.
- Come with suggestions! Something you've been dying to read? Something you've already read and know everyone should read once? Share it with us, puh-lease!
- There is a $5 suggested donation to attend to help offset the costs of refreshments and the space, HOWEVER, I actually mean it when I say that this is a ~suggestion~. Can't swing a donation? No sweat. Please come anyway; we'd love to have you.
I encourage purchasing used books from locally run bookstores when you can. This not only helps to support local businesses, but it also keeps unwanted books out of the trash.
- The Book Barn in Niantic is a Connecticut treasure. Make the trip if you can.
- ReRead Books in Cheshire employs young adults with special needs. Give them your business.
Please let me know of other good used bookstores in Connecticut!
If you are not finding what you are looking for locally, consider buying used books from an online retailer.
If you'd rather not spend ANY money, go to your local library! In Connecticut, you can get a library card in the town where you reside, then take that card to any other library in the state for access!