Thu, Jun 09|
Soul Space Yoga & Wellness
Empathy - Journey Through Art & Movement
Fusing art & yoga into an evening of self-expression and self-discovery. Our theme for June is Empathy.
When & Where
Jun 09, 2022, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Soul Space Yoga & Wellness, 26-28 W Main St, Plantsville, CT 06479
About This Event
The theme for June is Empathy
While in practice, the yoga practitioner moves their body in different ways than they would in their day to day activities. Choices are made for each pose, right down to the movement and positioning of the fingers. It can be argued that these are creative choices. Thus, yoga is a form of creativity, of self-expression.
Many yoga students express feeling relaxed, less stressed, more “connected”, or even something akin to a spiritual release following a yoga practice. Artists, or even those who refuse to label themselves as such, but who dabble in creativity, often express similar feelings in the process of creating art.
To take this to the logical next step, we are thrilled to bring art and yoga together for an evening of self-expression, relaxation, connection…….and any other –sions or –tions you may be looking for!
Our Journey through Art & Movement evenings feature a Vinyasa yoga practice, led by Amber Upson (RYT-200), and an art project, led by Art Therapist-in-training Traci Schneider.
- Soul Space Yoga & Wellness, located in downtown Plantsville, CT, is a beautiful, airy, and spacious studio with yoga mats and props available to borrow if needed.
- Guests will be provided with all art supplies needed for the art project, and will leave with their finished art pieces.
- Guests are encouraged to wear comfortable, loose clothing that will allow dynamic movement, but are reminded that some art supplies may be messy and may transfer to clothing.
- Cost for this event is $50 per guest, or two guests for $80
- Walk-ins are welcome, though we encourage pre-registering ahead of time to help us ensure that we have the correct amount of art supplies to cover all guests.
Two For $80
Two tickets for the discounted price of $40 each!$80.00Sale ended