Tue, Oct 17|
Film Club Pick for October
When & Where
Oct 17, 2023, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Shaded Whimsy, 76 N Main St, Southington, CT 06489, USA
About This Event
Spooky season calls for a spooky film!
The Babadook directed by Jennifer Kent
A single mother and her child fall into a deep well of paranoia when an eerie children's book titled "Mister Babadook" manifests in their home.
Not everyone has time to read and so book clubs can be difficult. Movies take up much less time. So let's have a film club as well! Here's what you can expect:
- No pressure! Take a month off. Take lots of months off! Come back to join us when you're ready.
- Didn't finish the movie? You're welcome to come regardless (as long as you don't mind spoilers).
- Be honest about what you thought! Is everyone else raving about what they saw while you thought it was hot garbage? Tell us! Discussing our differing perspectives helps us to learn, grow, and evolve.
- Come with suggestions for our next film! Something you've been dying to watch? Something you've already seen and know everyone should see at least once? Share it with us, puh-lease!
- The film club is free, but there will be light refreshments; please RSVP/pre-register so I have enough on hand!
Streaming seems to be the norm these days, but if a film that we pick is not streaming on a service that you have, used DVDs, Blu-Rays, and even VHS are still out there! I encourage purchasing used media from locally run stores when you can. This not only helps to support local businesses, but it also keeps others' unwanted media out of the trash.
- Check out The Archive in Bridgeport. They have three floors of new and used physical media. They may have what you are looking for!
If you'd rather not spend ANY money, go to your local library! In Connecticut, you can get a library card in the town where you reside, then take that card to any other library in the state for access!